Skip to main content

shot on iphone | best shot on iphone SE

this one what we're gonna be talking out is the iPhoneSE 2, hopefully you enjoyed that little sort of cinematic sequence we're out herein the woods today one of my new favorite isolation hobbies is mountainbiking I just got myself a mountain bike I'm absolutely loving it this is whatI've probably got this helmet hair thing going on but I basically took my iPhoneSE 2 out today and basically wanted to shoot a cinematic sequence start tofinish just this phone a massive advantage of this iPhone SE 2 is that itshoots 4k at 60 frames a second but just how good is that video what sort ofthings can you get using this camera you guys saw the sequence we're gonna sortof go through it shot by shot and 

I'll go through some of the things they didto capture that sequence so let's get it Alright so I parked my bike up and see mybike behind me here and and pretty much the first thing I wanna talk about todayin terms of the b-roll sequence is using foreground you'll see them basicallyevery single one of these shots that I'm gonna go for to produce this video isusing foreground a bit more creatively than just sort of you know two shots soI'll give you two examples of 

shots here one way I'm going to sort of brush upagainst some foreground within these sort of trees and shrubs and the nextI'll just do it flat and you can see for yourself the difference that that littlesort of difference in shot and depth will make to the over all shot alright guys so most of this video iscompletely and totally achievable handheld I am actually using this sortof a little tiny iPhone gimbal for a couple of the shotsin this video I mean I have it so 

I'm probably gonna use it a bit more than Iwould need to and but there's a couple of shots so I'm gonna do the sort ofrunning through the grass shot on one of these trails which i think will be quitea cool shot and I think you can certainly try it handheld but it's goingto be quite a tough shot to pull off handheld well you see why as we actuallytry to take it all right 

so I just got that I think and I think that's lookingreally really cool some of the leaves are sort of like hitting being hit outof the way by the iPhone and the gimbal by this little and this is a FeiyuTech SPG2 like really really impressive to be able to actually sort of withstandbeing hit by things as you're going not just wind so that's really cool and thatshots looking great oh 

I forgot to mention that you're goingto get much much greater and better depth of field if you decide to choosethat sort of effect like going super close and was like rushing past objectsas you move you're finding your device like it's a really good way to sort ofup the cinematic nature of your video and have a couple of super quick tips sofirst of all is that I just did the shot where I was sort of filming myself letme get the iPhone out here so I was filming myself like this with the iPhonenow don't be tempted to use the front camera that's a big tip if you areplanning on sort of almost like incorporating yourself in the clip likeI just did for that super simple little clip clip there or 

I just sort of filmmyself just like this with my phone so I opted to actually flip the phone so thatI'm recording myself with the back camera and not the front-facing camerabecause the back camera is significantly higher resolution much better and youcan like I said still shoot that 4k 60 frames a second video that's just goingto be looking way way nicer than the front-facing camera next tip is thatwe're going to basically just do a couple of creative angles with thecycling and also just sort of walking through the wood these woods here andbasically it's just to get really creative of your angles I'm gonna put myphone directly like underneath my foot you're walking along a path capturethree angles one from each side and then one from below all of those things inthere that are going to help a lot there we go the things we do for videoproduction, poor little iPhone SE 2 all right 

so we're basically sort ofthat halfway I think through the sequence obviously got some sort ofhiccups with my bike as well now what I'm going to be focusing on is sort ofdetailing and details from and when you're somewhere in somewhere like aforest like this I've seen an absolute ton of details to choose from which isreally really cool and but you want basically want to get as many anglesmany sort of creative shots as you can because those are all things that youcan choose and use in the final edit another really big advantage of theiPhone SE this amazing little camera is that it's macro potential is reallyreally good like you can get super close get lots of detail captured on this littleof camera another

 quite simple useful andeffective tip is to when you're shooting you can lock onto a subject on youriPhone by tapping and holding on that particular subject that will focus onthat subject and if you hold on it it will lock your focus and exposure andmeans it that eclipses not going to be hunting throughout another really goodway to make your videos feel a little bit more cinematic give it a little bitof a nicer vibe is to sort of backlight things so don't sort of shoot them justcompletely flat and neutral but think about so I just for instance spotted belike hitting this stump behind me so what I did is shot that from the anglepointing into the Sun meaning you get the Ray from the Sun hopefully you get abit of lens flare going on again it's a way to just immediately sort of 

makeyour shot a little bit more dynamic and feel a little bit more cinematic thanjust sort of a flat evenly evenly lit shotthere's obviously times you might want matte but as a sequence like thisbasically using as much sort of creative flare as possible is a good thingalright I was pretty close to being wraps now on this video I'm gonna goback to mountain biking but and there's a couple of little points I just want totalk about briefly so first of all is that you definitely don't need a littleiPhone gimbal to pull this off to pull a video like this off far from it actuallyyou know there's a few shots that it really helped out 

with but most of thestuff is totally achievable handheld especially with the stabilization now onthe iPhone SE as good as it is and then the next point whilst you don't need aniPhone gimbal what I would recommend is that you buy like a little mini tripodI'm using mine right now on the 90D there you go I'll give you a shot of whatthis looks like for me but I've got the GorillaPod on this little sort of standexcuse me I've got my canon 90D on the gorilla pod stand you can just get alittle iPhone attachment for this gorilla pod and you'll be able to sortof use that attachment to connect to your iPhone so it just gives you waymore flexibility if you just have a little tiny tripod somehow you're ableto instead of sort of propping your phone everywhere it will just open up awhole world in terms of possibilities of shots like I said an absolute necessitybut I do commended this purchase I'll have agorillapod links down below nice and cheap on Amazon and it will just make abig difference I think I'm probably gonna wrap the video there thoughhopefully you have found it interesting and/or useful if you have any questionsabout the cinematic secrets down below in the comments maybe I'll be edited itmaybe that's another interesting video that you guys might be interested in ifyou have any questions just drop them in the comments down below and I will getback to them as always I'll see you guys next time 

Comments

Popular Post

Rich Dad Poor Dad book

Rich Dad Poor Dad: What the Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!(world famous book)